MAC the Ultimate Collection

If you like MAC but love unique packaging, too, you might want to check out their Ultimate Collection.  There are lipsticks and "mystery powder" in beautiful gunmetal/purplish-black packaging.  The shape of the lipstick is also different from the usual bullet.  It reminds me of chess pieces.  (For those who remember, it looks very much like the Marcel a Wanders collab). The formula reminds me of a mix between a satin and an amplified. I will admit, the lipstick colors aren't that unique, but I love the cool packaging, so I had to get a few.

Here's what the packaging looks like:


These are the 3 that I've gotten so far:

From L to R: Soft Pout, Vogue en Violet, and The Scene
The compact is gorgeous, so unique.  I'm in love with it. It comes with a "mystery powder" and a refill of the powder.  My problem is that it's so beautiful I hate to use it.  I suppose that's what the refill is for.






The lighter colors like Soft Pout don't look as good as the darker ones on my lips, simply because I have a lot of lip lines.  I suppose I need either lip liner or primer.  (I still can't get used to the fact that I need to do that.)
I'll do another post with swatches of the lipstick colors that I do have soon.  In the meantime, if you're looking for some more upscale versions of MAC, definitely check out this collection.

Comments

  1. This MAC compact is so cool! I'm in love with the futuristic design!

    Victoria, gone with 'The Wind of Inspiration'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is beautiful! MAC is doing some great packaging lately, and more is coming.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts