MAC Playland. Have fun with your beauty

MAC's new Playland collection hits stores today, and it is loads of fun for those of us who need a little bright color in their life.  I'm no stranger to bright colored lipstick, so I had thought about passing on this collection.  But at the last minute I decided to order online, and I'm so glad that I did!  So far, my favorite is Red Balloon.  The name is a bit misleading, as it isn't red, it's a "hot fuchsia", a sort of red-pink-littlebitorange.  (If by any chance you missed it and can't get it, Full Fuschia is the closest dupe I could find, and it's also the Amplified formula.  After that, Girl About Town is close, albeit slightly darker.)  I've seen Red Balloon on various skin tones and hair colors, and it looks good on everyone. Although I have similar colors, I'm still glad that I hot it. Here's how it looks on me:



 Here's a close up of it and swatches of it and Happy Go Lucky, a bright mid-tone pink:

Happy Go Lucky on top lip and Red Balloon on bottom lip

Red Balloon on left, Happy Go Lucky on right

Happy Go Lucky left, Red Balloon right
Another very popular color, especially amongst those who like coral and orange lip color, is Toying Around.  This one is selling out quickly, so if you want it get to the store fast (all three that I've mentioned thus far are sold out online).  On me it's a pretty bright orange, although not quite as bright as some others that I own.

Toying Around

Toying Around on lips


The last one that I have photos of so far is the lip gloss Pure Silliness.  The description of it online was a milky lilac, but it's not, its pretty much bright pink.  I don't have any gloss in this color, though, so I'm very happy with it.  This pic is gloss only - no lipstick or pencil under it.  The color is very opaque.

Pure Silliness Lipglass
Other items in the collection are the title lipstick Playland, a yellow-gold that's more yellow than gold, a light bright pink named Sweet Experience, and a red frost named Head in the Clouds.  (All of the other lipsticks are MAC's Amplified formula, a nice creamy, opaque texture.)  The other lip glasses are Lots of Laughs, the peach that I mentioned, Brightside, a yellow to match Playland, Carousel, a bright pink, and Live it Up, a bright orange.  There are also Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue loose pigments, Blue, Pink and Orange eye pencils, and three Casual Colors, which are multi-purpose creams for lips and cheeks.  These come in bright coral, bright pink, and bright pastel pink.  The casual colors are limited edition items that aren't normally available from MAC.
So far everything in the collection has gotten very good reviews, especially the lip colors.  For me, they're a welcome change from the gloomy winter weather that we've had for far too long.  Spring is trying to come here in Southwest Pennsylvania, but winter isn't ready to leave yet.  It actually snowed again this week!
If you want some bright color in your make up wardrobe, get thee to a MAC store, Nordstrom's or Macy's.  Then play!

Comments

Popular Posts