MAC Patentpolish lip pencils

Love lip crayons but hate having to sharpen them? There's a new alternative - a twist up crayon/pencil with a rounded tip like lip balm.  They feel a bit like lip balm, but they're glossier and the rounded end gives you more precision when applying. They have nice, semi-opaque color, and feel nice and moist on the lips.  There is a little tackiness to the texture, but that doesn't bother me, as it's a thick tackiness.  It means it will stay on longer than a gloss.
And if you have problems with lipsticks sinking into lines on your lips, you will probably like these.  Except for PinkPatent.  That one did sink into my lip lines, so I'll be wearing a primer under it.  I've bought 5 of these and I like them enough that I would get more, finances permitting.
Pleasant up close
They are limited edition, though, so pick one up while they're still stocked.  They're available at MAC stores, Nordstrom counters, most Macy's counters, and at www.maccosmetics.com.









Pleasant is a beautiful pink-red


The pencil doesn't need sharpening, and it has a nice rounded tip that makes it like lip balm when applying



Patentpink, Kittenish and Spontaneous swatches

Hopelessly Devoted is my very favorite - gorgeous color
Kittenish
PatentPink is a nice lilac pink, bold enough to wear with minimal make up


Spontaneous is a nice mauve color that works well for me
Comparing MAC Hopelessly Devoted (top lip) to NARS Yu (bottom)
I have a lot of the NARs crayons so I compared the bright pinks from MAC and NARs.   The NARs is a Satin texture, while the MAC ones are all glossy textures. The MAC one, therefore, was a little glossier and tackier. NARs seemed to sink into my lip lines more, where the MAC ones mostly seem to float on top of them.  I think they both would feather, given enough time, but I haven't done an hours long experiment yet.

Try them out and decide for yourself.





Comments

Popular Posts