Indulge in dark lipstick for Fall

MAC Pre-Raphaelite (Frost)

Fall is my favorite season for many reasons.  The perfect weather, the ability to wear jackets, sweaters,  jeans, and boots, and dark make-up.  In particular, dark lipstick.  I've said it before, I LOVE a dark lip.  So sophisticated and elegant.  Mysterious, rebellious, tough.  It's all of these things.  There is no shortage of dark lipsticks available this Fall, either.  My favorites are of course from MAC, as well as Urban Decay and Nars.  Here are a few samples of some of the ones that I'm wearing, as well as a list of some others since some of the MAC ones that I have are sold out.

MAC:
Sin
Diva
Cyber (for those into seriously dark lips)
Rebel (I highly recommend this one.  Beautiful!)
Film Noir
Doubleshot
Just a Bite and Show All (may be sold out)
Pre-Raphaelite (may be sold out)

NARS:
Club Mix
Palais Royale both chubby lip pencils

Revlon:
Super Lustrous Va Va Violet lipstick

Urban Decay:
Apocalypse chubby lip pencil

Don't forget regular lip liner pencils!  Some great dark ones are:
MAC Vino
MAC Night Moth
MAC Currant
MAC Beet
MAC Bittersweet (dark brown)

MAC Dominate

MAC Dominate (frost)


MAC Dominate lipstick


MAC Beet lip liner pencil
Nars Palais Royale over MAC beet lip pencil
Matte is the word for Fall 2013.  Matte is in for lips, foundation, and powders.  For now keep the luminizers and sparkle low-key.  But don't through them out, I'm sure they'll come back soon.
MAC Just Add Drama retro Matte lipstick

Just Add Drama on lips


If you want to try out a darker lip but aren't comfortable with too much, try a dark lip gloss.  There are a lot of dark berries, medium purples and dark reds.
Me with just Utterly Tart gloss on
MAC glosses Utterly Tart in center
MAC's pro longwear lip pencils are as creamy as lipstick. The shades here are Bittersweet (dark brown), Talk that Talk (purple) and Absolutely It (medium brown)

What lipsticks are your favorites for Fall?  Do you like dark colors?  Any drugstore brands that you recommend I try?




Comments

  1. I cannot wear a dark lip, and I keep trying! I've gone so far as wearing dark lipsticks around the house for a week ... you know, to educate my eye, and get used to myself in it. Just doesn't work for me.
    I manage a deeper copper-brown or a more Burgandy-ish rose, but that's about it. I'm so glad you manage it! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think copper-browns would be beautiful! One of my favorite dark lipsticks is a dark brown from MAC. Believe me, Jan, it took me a lot of years to get used to dark lipstick! I think people should wear whatever they like. One of my brothers recently told me that I didn't look good with dark lipstick. In my younger days I would have wondered if he was right and became self-conscious. Now I just said "well I think I do and I love them." End of discussion! Know thyself is a good motto. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts