My favorite shoes this summer (get them on sale now!)


If you're still in the market for some sandals, here are a few of my favorites that I got this year.  I had more money this summer than I've had for several years, so I went a little shoe and make-up crazy.  It didn't hurt that some of my favorite things were trendy.  I love embellishments, and studs, rivets and beads were very popular this summer, along with metallics.
This first pair is from a brand named Wanted.  Their motto is making shoes that reflect the latest trends but making them more affordable than most brands.  The straps on these are man-made rather than leather, but they're still very comfortable.
Wanted Kahlua sandals
close-up of Kahlua sandals















Two of my very favorite sandals from this summer are both from Steve Madden.  The first are a play on a big trend this year - the sandals with ankle cuffs or straps.  Instead of putting a cuff around the ankle, Madden put it on the vamp of the shoe.  I love the way it looks and they're very comfortable (other than the typical lack of arch support in summer flats).
Steve Madden Cufff sandals in Pewter
The other pair I love have my favorite thing - studs.  These sandals look beautiful and are also very comfortable.

If you want your studs a little more tough looking, ala Jeffrey Campbell's Lita shoes, try this pair from Rampage. The studs on these are pointed. I can't remember the name of them, but you should be able to find them at Macy's or anywhere that sells Rampage.




On the other hand, if you want studs on a dressier shoe, take a look at these from Anne Klein.  The straps are suede with small gold studs.  The straps are a little thin, and I think it would be better if they were sturdier, but the shoes look so nice that I overlook the thin straps.

Minnetonka suede sandals
Anne Klein Faybriza
















Next up are a brand that's totally different from the metallic studded sandals, but eye-catching nonetheless.  I've wanted to try some Minnetonka boots or shoes for awhile.  These look so great, and they're super comfortable! They tie around your ankles, so there's no worry that they won't fit.  The fringe around the ankles is really flattering, too.  I'll be getting these in black next year.
A different view
Minnetonka Marquette ankle tie slide sandals
If you're looking for some sandals that you can wear to evening events, look at these.  They are so gorgeous that I bought them in every color.  They're Vince Camuto, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite designers.  They come in black/gunmetal, dark purple, robin's egg blue, and these bronze-gold ones.  These are the prettiest flat sandals I've ever seen.  And they're on sale now!
Vince Camuto Emera in bronze/gold
 While I'm on the topic of Vince Camuto, check out these high-heeled sandals.  They're the high-heeled equivalent of the Emera's - drop dead gorgeous.  I very rarely wear heels, but these were so stunning I thought they'd be great to have on-hand for any event that I needed to dress up for.  They're comfortable to walk in, too.  They also come in pink, navy blue and beige.
Vince Camuto Cassi sandals


Last, these aren't sandals but they're more comfortable than any sandal, and they'll turn heads.  Honestly, they are so bright that I feel more upbeat and energetic as soon as I put them on.  Anything that motivates me to exercise is good in my opinion.
Asics GT-1000 Electric punch, flourescent pink and "highlighter yellow"













Comments

  1. Oh, now funny .. I have a pic of the Steve Madden style (knock offs from Payless Shoes) on my blog :-)

    I bet the Steve Madden's are really nice!!

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts