Brown eye shadow and lipstick

I've been trying to do some tutorials with more ordinary looks, which is difficult for me. I think I succeeded with this one, though.  It's a nice soft brown eye that you can make dramatic with some thick liner and dark lips, or go for a soft look by making the liner thin and wearing a lighter color of lipstick or gloss.

Here's what the finished eye looked like.



Here are the products that I used:
MAC eye shadow in soft brown matte
Laura Mercier eye shadow in Truffle
MAC Fluidline (a cream liner) in Dip Down
L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber mascara
MAC lipstick in Film Noir
Anastasia brow powder (Blonde)

I always use Urban Decay's eye primer first.
After the primer dried, I used MAC's soft brown shadow from the corner of my eye to the middle.

Next I used Laura Mercier's brown shadow named "Truffle" in the crease and outer corner of my eye.

 I used a fluffy brush to blend the shadow so it wasn't as dark.

 I used an off-white shadow to highlight under the arch of my brow.

 More blending - just go back and forth or in small circles until it's blended to your satisfaction.  Ideally you shouldn't see any obvious demarcation between shadow colors.

 I used a cream dark brown liner (MAC's fluidline in Dip Down) to line my upper eye


I extended a line from the bottom of my eye out and up to create a cat eye.



I drew a thick line on the bottom of my eye, too.  Again, if you want a more natural look, make your line thin.

I smudged a little bit of the brown shadow over the liner with a thin, flat brush

Here's the finished eye. Notice how nicely blended the shadows are.

 Again, I created a dramatic look by putting on dark brown lipstick. If you want a softer look, you could wear a nude or light-colored lipstick. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Especially to all of you who are single, like me. :-)

Donna

Comments

  1. I'm a married single gal .. so that's about as bad as it gets (spouse travels quite a bit). He did send roses though :-)

    I have to pull out my Mac dip down .. sort have forgotten about it :-)

    Monica.
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you blended them together!
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that shade of lipstick. Looks good on you, as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts