Silver eye shadow and gold lips

I couldn't let the holidays go by without doing at least one post on make-up for holiday get-togethers.  If you're reading this after the holidays, though, this is a look that you can wear any time of the year.  It's a  sparkly silver eye, and a dark gold lip.  It doesn't show that way in these photos, but the lip gloss that I have on is a metallic dark gold.


This is a close up of the finished eye

The products that I used:
Urban Decay primer potion for eyes
MAC pigment in Silver
Laura Mercier eye shadow in Smoky Gray
MAC eye shadow in Chill
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner in Zero
Maybelline's Falsies mascara
Vincent Longo Gel X lipstick - nude color MAC makes a sparkly gold lipstick named "Gel" that you could substitute for the lipstick and just put on a sheer gloss
MAC metallic lip gloss in Sun (discontinued).

The first step (after primer is put on and drys) is putting on sparkly silver pigment in the center of your eye lid
Next I used a Laura Mercier crease brush to sweep a medium dark gray shadow in the crease of my lid


Then I used a fluffy brush to blend the shadows

Then I put a matte white shadow under the arch of my eye brow

Then I blended again

I used a black eye pencil to line my upper eye lids

and my lower lids, as close to the inner eye as I could get

Last I used Maybelline Falsies mascara on the top of my upper lashes

Then I put the mascara on the bottom of my upper lashes.  I start near the lash line and wiggle the wand a bit as I move it toward the edges of the lashes

Last, I put mascara on my lower lashes
 And this is how the finished eye looked
Then I put on a nude lipstick and an old metallic lipstick I have that's dark gold.  With or without my black beret and scarf, I'm ready to celebrate.



Comments

  1. Gorgeous eyes! I'm inspired today to put some eyeshadow on. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joni,
      That is one of the best comments I've ever gotten. That's why I started doing these posts. Thanks for making me feel so good!
      Donna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments? Stories? I'd love to read comments related to the post topics.

Popular Posts